Preparing for UK Plastics Packaging Tax (PPT) coming into place in April 2022 !
With only 5 months to go with PPT to come into effect, are businesses prepared for what is to come ? The tax places a £200 per tonne levy on producers or importers of plastic packaging if they do not include 30% recycled content and will also be chargeable for bioplastics, biodegradable, compostable plastics.
All businesses that manufacture or import 10 or more tonnes of plastic packaging over a 12-month period must register for PPT.
Which products will be affected, what penalties and sanctions are in place if manufacturers don’t comply ?
How do you register and what details are needed by businesses to notify their liability ?
It is alarming to note that although this tax on plastics was first announced in 2018, and is set to introduce it in April 2022 by the UK Government’s Resources and Waste Strategy, a study by Veolia reports that 83% of businesses asked were not aware of the tax.
Will PPT turbo charge the use of recycled plastics ?
Our panel of experts will discuss the complexities of the tax obligations, how to measure the recycled content, is it practical to reach higher levels of recycled content for all packaging and what steps should the industry be taking now
Sign up now to share your feedback and concerns as the industry works together to overcome challenges and act more sustainably !
- Martin Hyde, Policy Leader, Comply Direct
- Anita Lloyd, Director - ESH Group, Squire Patton Boggs
- Tim Baldwin, Director, Sustainable Certifications Group
- Louisa Goodfellow, Policy Advisor, Ecosurety
- Joshua Remi, Commercial Manager, Ecoveritas
- Bernard Chase, Plastics Recycling Specialist
- Helen Bird, Strategic Engagement Manager, WRAP
- Steve Morgan, Policy & Infrastructure Manager, RECOUP
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Hafizah
Do register anyway to purchase the event recording, available after the live streaming.