Moving to the next level in plant based protein.
Cleaning up label, strengthening sustainability & delivering more diverse offerings.
Europe’s plant-based food sales up 22% since 2020 as category hits €5.7 billion market value. Food Matters Live 3/04/23
According to a new GFI report, within the plant-based meat category, unit sales grew by 21% between 2020 and 2022, in comparison to traditional meat unit sales which went down by 8% during the same period.
Investment into plant-based meat startups is ramping up, while innovation is accelerating among companies as manufacturers focus on addressing consumers’ needs.
Today’s plant-based protein has moved to the next level, and its not as simple as just offering a product out in the market.
Formulating plant based products is a bumpy road as consumers want improved texture and taste with less additives and more variety.
Sustainability is a crucial component underpinning the plant-based trend.
Apart from improved taste, consumers are increasingly asking for clean label credentials, traceability of the product supply chain, nutrition & environmental impact of the products they consume.
The 2nd EU Sustainable Plant Based Protein & Fermentation conference discusses issues surrounding these challenges.
- Re-using, retro-fitting existing facilities as the sustainable option for plant based scalability
- Next generation plant based protein from sustainable cabbage & brassica
- Lacto-fermented plant proteins tailored to enhance health and productivity of animals
- Amaranth – a new source of environmentally friendly plant protein
- Cleaning up labels in meat alternatives with plant based proteins
- EU Novel Food regulatory approach
- Molecular farming of animal proteins in plants
- New challenges for EU starch industry & outlook
- Emerging cost competitiveness in inflationary times and its impact on the EU industry
- Taking plant protein to another level – Fungi/ Mycelium based protein through fermentation process
- Extracting high value added protein from potatoes
- Clean label citrus & apple fibre for texturizing plant based products
- Panel Discussion: Advancing to a sustainable food system – what can starch & plant based sector bring to the table ?
- Upcycling of wheat milling by-products: food, nutrition, functionality
- Elevating the protein transition with tasty sustainable plant based alternatives
- Valorising agri side streams and turning them into functional plant-based proteins and other high-value ingredients
- Regenerative farming for carbon negative goals
Sign up now with firstname.lastname@example.org and enjoy the early bird discount!