Albert de Haan began his career as a trader in banknotes and bullion at ABN bank in 1974, 1975 - 1980 forward trader at ABN Rotterdam.
1980 - 1985 forward trader at Slavenburg s bank became head of dealingroom in 1983 after name was changed into Credit Lyonnais Bank Nederland.
1985 - 2004 deputy head dealing room Mees & Hope Rotterdam.
In 1992 appointed European Head FX and short term intrest rates at Mees & Hope. After merger to MeesPierson Global Head Sales and Marketing Global Financial Markets MeesPierson since 1994. Fortis Head of business development Global Financial markets responsible for starting Energy trading desk in Amsterdam in 2000. 2001 member Advisory Board FinEdge BV Rotterdam.Currency overlay models initiated for Fortis Asset management with Shell Pension Fund and Global Markets Brussels.(Robert Meyer)Since 2003 responsible for Fortis Carbon Banking Venture.
September 2004 - August 2008 co - founder of European Climate Exchange and Commercial Director of ECX.ECX and its parent Chicago Climate Exchange were bought by LSE AIM listed Climate Exchange Ltd in September 2006.(code CLE)In August 2007 I started Carbon Rooster and Carbon Rooster Advisory Services to offer advisory services in the range of carbon project and via Carbon Rooster invested in several sustainable energy projects.
August 2008 - present started to work full time for Carbon Rooster after leaving ECX . Incidently have joint projects with Climate Exchange PLC (www.climateexchange.com) who also owns IFEX ECX and CCX.
Recently Albert has advised:
- Dutch ministry of Economic Affairs re auctions.
Mr. Albert de Haan, CEO
- United Group (www.united-itrust.com) on energy projects in Eastern Europe.
- Hong Kong stock exchange re CER futures contract. Click here for the pdf
- Several private companies for PPA - ERPA - project funding.
- Chaired ETS-auction workshop organised by IFIEC Europe in Brussels. Oct 09 - Unesco MAB advisory contract was signed in September 09 - part-time consultancy on forestry and other eco diversity projects. CRAS aims to improve economics of Unesco MAB projects.
Carbon Rooster Advisory Services BV.
Carbon Markets and Impact on Biomass Power Generation
Day 2 [Thu 11, March], at 09:05 AM