• Industry Partner
  • Industry Partner
  • Promotion Partner
    www. mundoplastico.net
  • Promotion Partner
  • Promotion Partner
  • Promotion Partner
  • Promotion Partner
  • Promotion Partner
  • Promotion Partner
  • Promotion Partner
  • Promotion Partner
  • Promotion Partner
  • Promotion Partner
Be a Host

15th LAPET

Latin America PET Packaging, Applications & Recycling

28-30 Nov, 2017 - Mexico City

Marquis Reforma Hotel & Spa

PLEASE CLICK HERE to view upcoming event. Information here is outdated
News Feed

Mexico records 50% PET recycling

Posted on : 02 Nov, 2017


Mexico has one of the highest bottle water and CSD consumption rates in the world and thus there is also a high amount of PET bottles being discarded. in fact, bottled water is driving PET volume growth in Latin America, adding more than 3 billion units over the past five years.


However, Mexico also recorded 425,000 tonnes of recycled plastic in 2016, up 50% from the previous year – according to the non-governmental organization Ecoce. This made Mexico the largest recycler of PET plastic containers in the Americas last year.


Mexico’s PET recycling rates are comparable to those of the European Union.


Mexico’s PET recycling plants processed about 56% of the plastic, while the remaining 44% was exported to China and the United States, for recycling.


The Mexican recycling industry has an installed PET processing capacity of 312,000 tonnes per year and has investments of over US $340 million.


The success of the recycling market in Mexico is also largely attributed to the investments from beverage companies, and today they represent just over 53% of the country’s total.


More about Mexico’s PET recycling market will be discussed at 15th LAPET (Latin America PET Packaging, Applications & Recycling) on 29-30 November 2017 in Mexico City.


For more information, companies in Latin, Central & South America can contact Ms. Tanya at tanya@cmtsp.com.sg Tel: 52-55 52941423 Mobile: 52-155 3655 0760 and companies outside Latin, Central & South America can contact Ms. Grace at grace@cmtsp.com.sg Tel: 65-6346 9147.



How Much?

Who Should Attend?

Brand owners, Convertors, Preform manufacturers, Packaging companies, Thermoform manufacturers, Traders, Bottlers / fillers, Technology providers including machinery suppliers from blow molding, preform to injection molding, filling lines, PET resin producers / suppliers, Recycling companies, Feedstock suppliers (PX, PTA, MEG), Polyester manufacturers etc., Usted tendrá oportunidad de interactuar con: Usuarios finales, Convertidores, Fabricantes de preformas, Empresas de empaque y embalaje, Fabricantes de termoformado, Embotelladores, Proveedores de tecnología, incluyendo maquinaria de soplado, moldeo, preforma a inyección y extrusión, líneas de llenado, Productores de Resina de PET y distribuidores, Empresas de reciclaje, Proveedores de materias primas (PX, PTA, MEG), Fabricantes de poliéster, etc.,

share this page on