Le Meridien Jakarta
SIBUR, a leading Russian gas processing and petrochemicals company, has entered a joint venture with Sinopec, the Chinese energy giant, to build a 50 ktpa butadiene nitrile rubber (or "NBR") plant. The plant will be located in the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park, which is 50km south of Shanghai.
While a 74.9% of the share in the JV will be held by Sinopec, SIBUR will hold the remaining 25.1%.
As part of the contract, a technology license agreement was also signed, whereby SIBUR's NBR production technology will be used in the new facility.
This is not the first time SIBUR and Sinopec has entered a JV. Last year, the 2 companies came together to produce rubber at the Krasnoyarsk synthetic rubber (KZSK) plant in Russia.
Sinopec owns 25 percent plus one share in this JV. Today, a large part of the KZSK products are delivered to the Chinese market.
With this new JV, SIBUR is trying to establish a modern competitive enterprise on China's territory while Sinopec is aiming to meet the market demand in China and also contribute to the country's economic development.
More insights on rubber and tire markets will be shared at 8th Global Rubber & Tire Markets, opening on 20-21 August, 2014 in Jakarta.
Contact Ms. Huiyan at email@example.com or call +65 6346 9113.
The demand for Solution Styrene Butadiene Rubber (S-SBR) is expected to grow in the coming years. Transparency Market Research predicts that the global demand for S-SBR will reach 1,062.0 kilo tons in 2018 from its 550.0 kilo tons in 2011 growing at a CAGR of 9.98% between 2012 and 2018. Subsequently, the research firm expects the S-SBR market to reach USD 3.2 billion in 2018 from USD 1.5 billion in 2011, growing at a CAGR of 11.27% from 2012 to 2018.
The recent implementation of tire labeling regulations in the European Union and Asian countries such as South Korea and China makes it mandatory to manufacture high performance tires only using S-SBR. Tires already accounted for over 79% of the overall volumes for S-SBR in 2011. This regulation is expected to have a domino effect with other countries following suit which would further increase the demand for S-SBR.
Other sectors that use S-SBR such as the footwear and polymer modification are expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% and 7.3% from 2012 to 2018 respectively. Other products that will potentially use S-SBR are adhesives and sealants as well as conveyor belts and cables.
Region wise, Asia-Pacific accounted for over 50% of the global market share for S-SBR in 2011, which was followed by Europe and North America. Moreover, China was the largest consumer of S-SBR, demand largely derived from its huge automobile and tire industry. In fact, the automobile industry is growing rapidly in developing countries like India, China, Brazil, thanks to higher disposable incomes, which in turn is fueling tire consumption.
Details on S-SBR and tire industry will be discussed at 8th Global Rubber & Tire Markets on 20-21 August, 2014 in Jakarta.
Contact Ms. Huiyan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6346 9113 for more details.
Tech Archival analysts, in its report titled "China Carbon Black: Assessment, Opportunities & Forecast Up-to 2018," indicated that North American and European carbon black manufacturing units are closing down due to steep competition from low-cost Asian manufacturers, further leading to a capacity shift towards Asia.
While the report predicts the global specialty carbon black market to grow at CAGR of 5% by 2018, it also expects that by 2015, Asia will account for approximately 65% of the global carbon black demand. Such surge in demand will help solidify the region's position as the largest producer and consumer of carbon black, inviting more investments.
China is already benefitting from this global shift in carbon black manufacturing, with total sales volumes of more than 3 million tons of carbon black, generating nearly USD 5 billion in revenues in 2013. As the total domestic production volumes and export volumes rose in China, it continued to strengthen the country's position as world's largest producer and net exporter of carbon black by 2013.
Abundant resources, foreign investment, and a conducive business climate are factors working in China's favor, encouraging many players to partake in its carbon black manufacturing business.
Given the good profit margins of manufacturers in China, Tech Archival further estimates that the Chinese carbon black market will continue to grow steadily right through 2018, reaching annualized revenues close to USD 7 billion in 2018.
More on carbon black manufacturing will be discussed at 8th Global Rubber & Tire Markets conference in Jakarta on 12-13 June 2014.