Swissotel Merchant Court, Singapore
Indonesia has 500 TCF of CBM gas “in place” according to a study done by ARI. Obviously a large percentage is not recoverable using current technology but 500 TCF is enough gas for the entire USA natural gas supply for 20 years. For Japan, probably 50 years or more.
There is a global shortage of LNG for Japan, China, Europe, etc. Properly utilized, CBM and other Unconventional gas, could be a new source of that supply as Australia is starting to find out. Trillions of cubic meters of clean-burning methane are trapped in Asia’s coal deposits
Arrow signs Indonesian deals
“COAL bed methane (CBM) producer Arrow Energy has struck two agreements with Indonesia’s state-owned oil company, Pertamina, and its upstream subsidiary, Pertamina EP. This is Arrow’s third deal in Indonesia.” October 02, ‘07 Asian Energy Today
Arrow Energy already has 7 deals in China and according to its CEO, it’s future growth will be driven by projects in India, Vietnam, Indonesia & China . What is Arrow Energy’s CBM plans for Asia ?
Merrill Lynch says China alone holds nearly 30 trillion cubic meters of methane gas, 3 times the US amount. Not only the world’s energy entrepreneurs, but smaller companies specialising in CBM extraction have been rushing to China to explore methane projects,
Investing in methane carries plenty of risk,from regulatory , exploration to technical challenges that can raise cost and reduce the recoverable volume.
Investors need to know What are the regulatory systems in place that can help them tackle project implementation barriers ?
By degassing coal seams prior to mining, much of the methane ventilation during mining can be reduced. This reduction can dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Every ton of methane gas captured and utilized is the financial trading equivalent of twenty tons of CO2.
The next five years will show intensified activity in carbon trading in Asia, as carbon credit traders focusses on China methane as the most popular project. To encourage further investments, on the 18 Sept 2007, Premier Wen Jiabao approved an
amendment to open up more opportunities in its CBM projects by ending China United’s exclusive rights to foreign cooperative deals.
CMT has lined up Top Key Speakers for this timely event. You will hear from the decision makers themselves on their perspective of the this hot energy play
• Regulatory systems in China, Indonesia, India to protect investors
• Key players perspective on CBM investments in the region
• Global CBM project financing
• Recent advances in CBM Well drilling including Enhanced CBM & Co2 recovery
• Mitigating Risk in CBM exploration - challenges & barriers to implementation
• Carbon trading opportunities
• CBM project development in Botswana & Japan
Register online at www.cmtevents.com or contact Sasha at email@example.com
You will network with
• Investors • Carbon Credit Traders • Venture Capitalists • Equity Fund Managers • Financiers/Analyst • Ministry of Natural Resources & Mining • Ministry of Energy • Mining Contractors • Exploration & Production Cos • LNG Players • Technology Providers • Drilling Cos including Equipment Suppliers • Rig Builders & Fabricators • Mining Logistic Cos/ Coal & Transportation • Software Devt Specialists on Coal Measurement Techniques • Waste Water Treatment & Water Recycling Cos • Energy Consultants