How Will the Global Capacity Crisis Affect the PET Business in the Middle East & Africa Region?
- The growing imbalance between Demand and Available Capacity; globally and in region - The resulting changing dynamic for PET trade flows between regions - The margin squeeze - how long can it last? - The impact on PET recycling and sustainable development
- Consumption trends and consumers' behavior toward functional beverages - Market drivers for functional beverages in the ME; is it a growing segment? - Packaging preference and innovations for functional beverages - Role of PET packaging?
- Sustainable and profitable business development through recycling - Novel chemical technologies for producing cost-competitive recycled polyester products - Unique patented industrial process ("ReNew") to depolymerise post-consumer PET back into its original feedstock building block (the "recycled ester"
Converter’s Panel: Innovations in PET Packaging & Sustainability Trends
- Domestic demand and export opportunities: Saudi Arabia, UAE - Packaging trends and market drivers - Filling and molding technology trends and requirements - Sustainability, lightweight and recycling trends Panellists:
Hotfilling Technology into Lightweight PET Bottles
Mr. Frank Haesendonckx, Technical Director
KHS Corpoplast GmbH
Final Discussion followed by Closing Lunch
End of conference
Separately Bookable Workshop: A2Z of PET Recycling 27th February 2013 13:30 - 16:00 hrs.
- Challenge of lower bale quantity and quality - Collection and separation process from source - Quality issues of RPET i.e. discoloration, contaminants. - Choosing the most economically and cost competitive technology - Technology providers and options: low cost vs. quality - RPET markets, economics and technology - Due diligence of setting up RPET facility in ME
It may be necessary for reasons beyond CMT's control to alter the content, timings, dates or venue of an event. CMT will not accept liability for any kind of disruptions or any claims whatsoever and in such circumstances CMT's normal cancellation terms apply.