• Industry Partner
    www.biomass.org.my/
  • Industry Partner
  • Promotion Partner
    www.greenea.com
  • Promotion Partner
    www.chemicals1.com
  • Promotion Partner
    www.plastics1.com
  • Promotion Partner
    www.palmoildirectory.com
  • Promotion Partner
    www.palmoil.co.id
  • Promotion Partner
    www.chemicalweekly.com
  • Promotion Partner
    www.plastics-technology.com/contactus
  • Promotion Partner
    www.greenchemicalsblog.com
  • Promotion Partner
    www.chemmarket.info/en/
Be a Host

6th Biobased Chemicals and Plastics

19-22 Jun, 2017 - Bangkok

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

PLEASE CLICK HERE to view upcoming event. Information here is outdated
News Feed

Toray, Mitsui Sugar JV to Produce Cellulosic Sugar in Thailand

Posted on : 05 Jun, 2017

 

Cellulosic Biomass Technology Co.(CBT) is a joint venture between Toray Industries and Mitsui Sugar. Headquartered in Bangkok, CBT will manufacture cellulosic sugar – a raw material that is used in the production of various biochemical products. Cellulosic sugar is produced from the surplus bagasse generated by sugar mills.  

 

Thailand is one of the leading sugarcane producers in the world and the largest sugar exporter in Asia. Thailand is also one of the key advocates of biomass-based businesses, as well as research and technology development and it is an ideal location for pursuing the demonstration project of CBT. 

 

Toray and Mitsui Sugar will carry out the demonstration project for an energy-saving cellulosic-sugar production system. The project will use bagasse available in Thailand under the International Energy Conservation Technology and System Demonstration Project of New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO). The pilot project is expected to process 15 tons of bagasse per day (dry weight) to produce about 4.2 tons of cellulosic sugar. The processing will include pretreatment, enzymatic saccharification, and membrane separation and it combines Toray’s water-treatment membrane and advanced biotechnologies.

 

Cellulosic sugar is used as a raw material to produce several biochemical products such as ethanol, lactic acid and succinic acid. The plant in Bangkok will also manufacture polyphenol and oligosaccharides, which can be made into livestock feed, using the same raw material and process.

 

Toray holds a 67% interest in CBT while the remaining 33% is held by Mitsui Sugar.

 

More about biochemical feedstock at CMT’s 6th Biobased Chemicals and Plastics scheduled on 19-22 June in Bangkok, Thailand.

 

For more information, email Ms. Grace at grace@cmtsp.com.sg or call +65 6346 9147.

 

Read more>>>


How Much?

Who Should Attend?

Chemical & Polymer Producers | Biofuel Producers | Biobased Chemical & Bioplastic Producers | Agricultural Companies | Sugar, Starch & Oilseed Processors | Oils & Fats Suppliers | Biomass Suppliers & Traders | Composting, Recycling & Waste Management Co | Converters, Processors & Machinery Suppliers | Governmental Bodies, Policy Makers & Influencers | Cleantech / Biotechnology Venture Capital & Private Equity Co | Financial Institutions | Technology Platform Developers | Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) Co | Chemical Storage and Logistic Co | Catalyst Suppliers | Enzyme Suppliers | Leading Research Centers | Analysts & Consultants | End-use companies from: Home & Personal Care, Packaging, Automotive, Adhesive, Solvent, Printing Ink, Lubricant, Paints & Coatings

share this page on