The Middle East has emerged as the region of choice for PET investments, targeting the growing local demand as well as export markets such as Africa and Europe. New capacities in Nigeria, Egypt, Turkey, Oman and Saudi Arabia have placed the PET resin trade in the region as a formidable force; shifting the global landscape.
"Thailand-based Indorama has started production at a 75,000 tonne per annum PET plant in Port Harcourt, Nigeria - the first in west Africa... Indorama says it set up the plant in Nigeria because the company is one of the fastest growing economies in Europe with an estimated PET demand of 53,000 tonnes." July 2012, European Plastics News
"OCTAL has tripled its annual production capacity of PET resin used for water, juice and soft drink bottles this month with the commissioning of two of the world's largest vertical reactors at the company's leading-edge PET Complex in Salalah. With a total system output of 1 million metric tons per year of PET bottle grade resin, OCTAL has firmly secured its stature in the industry as the largest PET producing site in the world at any single location." Sep 2012, Albawaba Business
Rapid changes in consumers' behaviour and more convenient and sustainable packaging trends are driving the PET industry in the region to embark on continuous efforts toward light-weighting, greater flexibility in preform production and new market applications. Furthermore, the PET recycling sector is catching up in the Middle East as demand for RPET continues to become more prevalent for the global packaging and polyester fiber industry.
Into its 14th consecutive year, CMT's MEAPET is the platform for engaging presentations from high calibre speakers, expert insights and unrivalled networking opportunities! This is a must attend annual event for those involved in the PET packaging industry in the Middle East & Africa.
- Focus on key markets: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Nigeria, North Africa
- Indorama's PET project in Nigeria and potential for PET export to West Africa
- Depolymerizing post-consumer PET economically through innovative technology
- Insights into PET packaging trends i.e. PET kegs, beverages, flexible packaging, etc.
- Feedstock price forecast, challenges and market analysis
- Converters' perspectives on sustainability and packaging innovations
- Technology innovations: hotfilling, lightweight, preform molding, recycling
- Renowned panellists from Zamil Plastics, Intergulf Ltd, Husky, Polygenta Technologies and more!
Register your team today and enjoy group discounts. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacmi and Sipa collaborate on new PET preform and closure solution
PLUS Separately Bookable Workshop:
A2Z of PET Recycling
- Insufficiency of bales, sourcing for bales supply
- Collection and separation process from source
- Quality issues of RPET i.e. discoloration, contaminants
- Choosing the most economically and cost competitive technology
- Chinese technology providers and options
- RPET to polyester fibers- market, economics and technology
- Due diligence of setting up RPET facility in ME
Confirmed Speakers from
- PCI PET Packaging Resin & Recycling Ltd
- Indorama Polymers Public Co Ltd
- JBF Rak LLC
- Zamil Plastic Industries Ltd
- Intergulf Ltd (Empol)
- KHS Corpoplast GmbH
- Nextek Limited
- Polygenta Technologies Ltd
- Gneuss Kunststofftechnik GmbH
- Husky Injection Molding Systems
- Siapi Srl
- SEM Plastik San. ve Tic AS
- CTC Maroc
- SIPA Spa