|"Managing Legal, Tax & Profit Repatriation for JVs/|
Business Structures in Asia's Rising Star"
Myanmar has finally passed its Foreign Investment Law!
And after two successful investment summits, CMT is all poised to, once again, provide you with comprehensive and real perspectives on the sweeping changes and policy reforms that will transform the business scene in Myanmar!
|The English translation of the new Foreign Investment Law, abstracted from the President Office website, can be downloaded here.|
Asia's rising star is on a fast track to growth with global investors rising to the challenge. The final passing of Myanmar's new Foreign Investment law coincides with the launching of several equity funds as well as generous grants by developed countries. Strategically located between China and India - Asia's two giants and investment hubs, Myanmar is expected to benefit and to grow at 7- 8% per year and triple its per capital income in the coming year with its youthful population, according to ADB.
Investment opportunities are seen in almost every sector from Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Minerals/Mining, Telecoms to Transport and Supply Chain attracting global corporations and regional ASEAN business groups and entrepreneurs.
Foreign investors face plenty of challenges in Myanmar from uncertain payment and remittance system, finding and securing land, uncertain employee compensation to labor practices. The sectarian strife in Western Rakhine state also poses concern. CMT's NEW Myanmar Investment Summit 2013 addresses these crucial issues. Delegates attending the conference can seek clarification of the Foreign Investment Law and its implications explained by team of Legal and Directorate Investment and Company Administration (DICA) officials.
CMT's Proven Record of bringing together several hundreds of global investors and local business people provides you opportunities to find your distributor or partner amongst the many Myanmar investors and global & regional players at this single platform summit. So don't miss out!
Gain multiple benefits:
- Key clauses of the New Investment Law and Clarify your doubts
- Role of Directorate Investment and Company Administration (DICA*) and Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC^)
- Manage fund transfer issues and repatriating of profits
- Ensuring profitable and sustainable Partner and Distributor structures and relationships
- Where is the coming Boom in the various states of Myanmar? After Yangon and Mandalay which other cities are also thriving?
- Assess Myanmar labor laws and practices
- Finding suitable middle level executives to back your team
- Participate in the DICA & MIC CLINIC where at least 4 senior officials will be present to answer your queries & concerns
Special Zoom into:
- Why does the Myanmar Government favor BOT?
- How to access potential for power plants, ports, pipelines, airports and others?
- Step-by-step guide to negotiating and licensing a BOT project
Valuable Sector Focus:
- Business potential in emerging downstream Oil and Gas
- Agriculture opportunities from rice to plantations
- Latest ICT Telecoms development
- Burmese lifestyle & retail market
- Integrated hospital and healthcare facilities
Separately Bookable Workshop:
Tuesday 29 Jan (1430 -1700 hrs)
"Securing Funds for Projects in Myanmar"
Application, Conditions & Implementation
in Agriculture / Processing,
Industrial Manufacturing and Services.
Led by Ms Suzana Abspoel – Djodjo from Advance Consulting
Advance Consulting has over 10 years of experience in assisting companies in more than 50 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America to:
- Find international business partners,
- Acquire the necessary financing (grants, loans, equity) from donor agencies, banks, venture capital funds and other sources. Agencies include: EVD, FMO, CDE, European Commission, IFC and World Bank
Why Attend CMT
Invest Myanmar Series?
CMT is an active global conference organizer and since 1982 supports business development across Asia, MidEast/Africa and the Americas. Recent political and economic reforms in Myanmar are very encouraging with the country favored as the rising star in Asia...CMT is contributing by bringing business and investments to the country with events that offer vital business intelligence.
1. Proven Track Record
CMT has organized 9 summits in Yangon since March 2012 in key sectors - attracting over 2000 delegates from over 42 countries. They are:
* 1st & 2nd New Myanmar Investment *Myanmar Mining * 1st & 2nd Myanmar Oil, Gas & Power Summit * 14th Asia CemenTrade* 2nd Commercial Farm Asia* 1st Myanmar Telecoms Reform Update *Myanmar Real Estate Summit
2. Meet Key Officials & Decision-makers
CMT works closely with various ministries. The Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Mines & Ministry of Electric Power were official host to some of our summits.
3. Connect with genuine local or foreign partners
Network with the right persons or companies. We attract the best possible candidates you can pick as business associate or partner.
4. Covers All Strategic Sectors
CMT covers all the key sectors - Energy, Mining, Agriculture, Real Estate, Infrastructure, Finance, Power, Telecoms and many more.
CMT Invest Myanmar series provide not mere "information" but "insights on growth strategies"
Click below to review previous investment summits:
Official Keynote Opening Address
Dr. Kan Zaw, Minister
Ministry of National Planning & Economic Development
Dr. Daw Khin San Yee, Deputy Minister
Ministry of National Planning & Economic Development
*Major functions of DICA, a division under the Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development are:
- scrutinizing and appraisal of projects that are proposed for investment in Myanmar,
- monitoring and reporting the implementation of permitted enterprises,
- registration and administration of Limited Companies, Joint Ventures, Partnerships and Association and Association
- taking part in regional cooperation
^MIC roles are:
- Evaluate proposals - whether they are contrary to the existing laws
- Recommend to the Union Government measures necessary to facilitate and promote local and foreign investments.
- Ensure investors follow the Foreign Investment Law. If they do not, the Commission shall take necessary legal actions.
- Discuss with region or state governments about foreign investments which were approved by the Union Government
- Decide on the types of investment which do not require tax exemption and tax reduction
|Industry News|| ||Who you will network with|| ||Be a Sponsor or Exhibitor|
Opportunities and Threats for Myanmar Investors
Myanmar seeks investment in stalled sea port project
Thai investors eye 16 Myanmar industries
Japanese conglomerate eyes to invest in Myanmar
ANZ to open Myanmar office in 2013
KPMG touches down in Myanmar market
Myanmar permits 15 foreign investments within 2 months
Japan International Cooperation Agency updates 30-year plan for Yangon
New 'super cabinet' drives rapid change
Myanmar Finalizing New Mining Law
Head of Myanmar state-run conglomerate urges Taiwan to invest (update)
Myanmar: retail’s new gold rush
Vietnam, Myanmar raise cooperation
You Tube Video: Foreign investment key for Burma
In Myanmar, Obama Trip Seen as Endorsement
Parkson unit in Myanmar joint deal
Extensive Networking & Opportunities to meet with:
* key officials,
* JV partners,
* Investors & Distributors
* CEOs, CFOs, Vice Presidents,
* Directors & Heads of MNCs,
* Regional & National Corporations
* Heads of Business Development, New Ventures,
* Finance and In house Legal Counsels,
* Finance & Tax Senior Executives,
* Commercial Directors and all senior and mid level Managers working on Myanmar, initiating or working on JVs/Projects/Deals in these industries:
- Lifestyle & Retail
- Logistics & Ports
- Integrated Hospital & Pharma
- Procurement, Construction & Engineering
- Oil & Gas
This event is an excellent platform to promote your organization to influential players & investors in the industry.
Talk to us for a customized Sponsorship or to book your Exhibition space now!
Contact Nisha@cmtsp.com.sg or (65) 6346 9130.
VISA INFO FOR FOREIGNERS:
Get Myanmar Visa in Singapore
Get Myanmar Visa In Bangkok
Visa-on-arrival for specific countries
NOTE - pre-arrival application recommended - CMT not liable for VISA application via any of above providers
Asean Business Report:New Myanmar Investment Summit 2013
Posted on : 25 Jan, 2013
CMT’s 3rd Myanmar Investment Summit unravels the land of opportunities
Posted on : 28 Nov, 2012
Myanmar continues to draw global investor attention as it opens up new business structures for partnering in core sectors such as Oil and Gas, Mining, Power markets, ICT Telecoms and Agriculture.
Recent visit by Mr. Barack Obama, US President, has affirmed global attention on this newly emerging frontier in South East Asia. Besides gaining global approval as a safe investment hub, the development is expected to fuel US investments in key sectors of Myanmar’s economy, a move which will drive further other nations to follow suit.
With reforms on a fast track, investors continue to seek opportunities to assess and understand the economic and market granularities. Clearly, there is a need to unravel the black box and enable investors to assess ground realities.
CMT’s NEW Myanmar Investment Summit 2013 opens up the perfect window for investors to take a reality check on Myanmar’s new foreign investment law, implementation guidelines, partnering models. It offers a bespoke opportunity for all stakeholders to move to the next level of engagement with Myanmar.
To attend the summit, please contact Ms. Hafizah at email@example.com Tel. 65 6346 9218.
Edwin is one of Myanmar’s leading foreign lawyers, particularly recognized for his experience with large transactions. He was formerly with Loyens & Loeff and a partner at DFDL. He has 20 years of experience as a lawyer, academic and government adviser, including six years of experience on Myanmar tax and investment issues. Edwin advises on some of the largest investment projects in Myanmar, such as the acquisition of oil and gas interests, the tender for telecom licenses, major infrastructu....Read more
Mr.Edwin Vanderbruggen, Partner
VDB Loi Myanmar
How to Structure a Build-Operate-Transfer Project in Myanmar: Key Legal, Tax and Regulatory Points
Day 1 [Mon 28, January], at 11:55 AM
Mr.Dennis James Meseroll
Dennis Meseroll is a founding partner and director of Tractus Asia, a foreign direct investment advisory firm with a history of facilitating over US$4 billion of investment in Asia across more than 500 projects. He is responsible for Tractus’ business development and corporate strategy advisory practice. After receiving his BA in geology from Rutgers University, Mr. Meseroll spent a year as a Fulbright Fellow in Thailand completing research that would later lead to an MA in applied/mineral econo....Read more
Mr.Dennis James Meseroll, Executive Director
Tractus Asia Ltd
Opportunities and Challenges of Manufacturing in Myanmar: An Industrial Site Selection Perspective
Day 1 [Mon 28, January], at 04:00 PM
Prof.Aung Tun Thet
Prof. Dr. Aung Tun Thet is currently the President's Economic Advisor and also a member of the President's National Economic and Social Advisory Council, Member of Myanmar Investment Commission, Advisor of Union of Myanmar Federation of Commerce and Industries , Member of Myanmar Press Council, Senior Advisor, UN Resident Coordinator's Office, Yangon, Myanmar & a visiting Professor, to Yangon Institute of Economics; Yangon University; National Defence College
Previously, he ....
Prof.Aung Tun Thet, Economic Advisor
Outlook for Skilled Executives and Technical Engineering Staff
Day 1 [Mon 28, January], at 04:30 PM
Day 2 [Tue 29, January], at 08:50 AM
Dr. Thida Hla, Deputy Director, Medical Care Division, Department of Health, Ministry of Health of Myanmar graduated from the University of Medicine (I), Yangon, Myanmar in 1987 and joined government civil service in 1990. She worked as a medical officer in several township hospitals for 11 years after that she attended postgraduate training on Hospital Adminis....
Dr.Thida Hla, Deputy Director, Medical Care Division
Ministry of Health
Opportunities in Medical & Healthcare Sector
Day 2 [Tue 29, January], at 09:00 AM